Support the CORV Initiative – We Recycle Donations into the Local Food Cycle
(If you can't locate a guide or access it easily online, we will mail one for shipping and handling of $4.00)
Top 10 Reasons to Support the CORV Initiative
- It makes it easy to find local food. You can find a grower, restaurant, or Farmers’ Market in the Central Ohio River Valley (CORV) and buy your favorite local food.
- It is really local. It connects you to fresh, healthy food within 50 miles of Greater Cincinnati with listings, photos, a harvest guide, and articles.
- It is accessible. We distribute 30,000 print guides in the Earth Day edition of CityBeat, have a really fun launch party, and put extra copies at various regional locations throughout the season.
- Oh, did we say it was free to you? We have many volunteers, sell advertising, get sponsors and sometimes grants to produce this annual guide at no cost to the users.
- It has a strong mission. “The CORV Local Foods Initiative” is a grassroots effort to connect local community members with local farmers, markets, producers, restaurants and fresh, healthy, local food. We aim to support self-sufficiency, sustainability, and the wise use of resources.”
- It is colorful and user-friendly. Can we humbly say the most complete and beautiful annual directory of local food resources for our region. The guide is divided by topics with an easy to use index.
- It is an important educational tool. Many use it as a resource for educational presentations and health fairs throughout the year to reach people who are new to these ideas.
- We help build community. By mapping resources of the region, we are helping increase understanding of and access to the local food movement as it continues to grow. It’s all about building a resilient food system.
- This is our 9th edition. We have distributed over 250,000 copies in the last eight years. People tend to keep their copies for a year.
- It is also an online resource. The guide is available to view or download on the web, eatlocalcorv.org.